Monday 27 January 2014

The Ultimate Smoky Eyes

Not only are these compact eyeshadow sets cute and affordable, but they also create the perfect smoky eye, with each shade labelled with the appropriate place to sweep on the lid. I decided to buy two of these in the shades "Smoky" and "Beautiful Browns", as blues suit me as I have blue eyes and browns suit me as they're quite neutral shades. At £2.50 each, you might as well give them a go!


As you can see, there is an easy guide to tell you where to place the shadow. The cream coloured base colour is a lovely undertone and helps brighten the eyes. The light brown shade that follows is perfect to place all over the lid up to the crease. The third shade is a rich, chocolate bronze colour with a hint of shimmer, which gives the eyes a nice sparkle and the final darker brown shade helps define the eye, giving an overall gorgeous brown smoky look.




This is my favourite one and I love wearing this mini palette on a night out. Filled with whites, greys and dark blues, it's perfect for creating the ultimate smoky eye and makes your eyes pop! I especially recommend this if you have blue eyes like myself, as they really bring out the colour. Last time I wore these eyeshadows, they stayed on all night (with the help of eyelid primer beforehand).




As you may already know from my previous posts, I love ELF! Their products are incredibly affordable and I've found that they are good quality too, therefore you can't go wrong!


Thanks for reading; 
I hope the swatches helped you get an idea of the true colours of the shadows!

What's your favourite ELF eyeshadow?

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love the beautiful browns. That is my perfect palate! I can definitely see a cheeky purchase coming along. X

    ReplyDelete